Page 1 of 1

And I Return - Back Into the Hobby

Posted: Apr 8th, 2012, 8:31 pm
by AHarris
Hello,

After 'rage quitting' due to many failed attempts I have returned with a plan and a lot more maturity.
I am looking forward to working with the rest of you guys and gals, who previously made me feel most welcome and I hope the same can be said for this time around.

This time around, I shall be planning on creating a solid box design which has an adjustable set of foam blocks that can be placed on the top to adjust buoyancy.
The thrusters shall be a simple set of motors and props which shall be half encased in the box, and then a bird box camera and a small collection of lights.
This shall be attached to a single Cat5 cable and an RCA cable leading to the surface, batteries shall be in the ROV (to limit voltage drop?). These cables then go to a control box which holds a simple set of momentary flip switches.

What do you guys think?
I know this is just an introductory forum but I just wanted to give an overview, and get some oppinions.

Thank you

Re: And I Return - Back Into the Hobby

Posted: Apr 8th, 2012, 11:07 pm
by thegadgetguy
Welcome back! Looks like a tidy system you have planned.

Re: And I Return - Back Into the Hobby

Posted: Apr 8th, 2012, 11:31 pm
by AHarris
Thanks, it is good to be back.