And I Return - Back Into the Hobby

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
Post Reply
AHarris
Posts: 152
Joined: Mar 14th, 2011, 1:45 pm

And I Return - Back Into the Hobby

Post by AHarris »

Hello,

After 'rage quitting' due to many failed attempts I have returned with a plan and a lot more maturity.
I am looking forward to working with the rest of you guys and gals, who previously made me feel most welcome and I hope the same can be said for this time around.

This time around, I shall be planning on creating a solid box design which has an adjustable set of foam blocks that can be placed on the top to adjust buoyancy.
The thrusters shall be a simple set of motors and props which shall be half encased in the box, and then a bird box camera and a small collection of lights.
This shall be attached to a single Cat5 cable and an RCA cable leading to the surface, batteries shall be in the ROV (to limit voltage drop?). These cables then go to a control box which holds a simple set of momentary flip switches.

What do you guys think?
I know this is just an introductory forum but I just wanted to give an overview, and get some oppinions.

Thank you
User avatar
thegadgetguy
Posts: 238
Joined: Feb 13th, 2011, 8:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: And I Return - Back Into the Hobby

Post by thegadgetguy »

Welcome back! Looks like a tidy system you have planned.
AHarris
Posts: 152
Joined: Mar 14th, 2011, 1:45 pm

Re: And I Return - Back Into the Hobby

Post by AHarris »

Thanks, it is good to be back.
Post Reply