The Mule

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
Que_

The Mule

Post by Que_ »

I was Curious whether or not any body actually built "The Mule" I'm looking to build something like that, which is small and easy to travel with in my jeep to creeks and such :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock:
Oddmar

Re: The Mule

Post by Oddmar »

Que_

Post by Que_ »

Can you tell the dimensions of this drone
Oddmar

Post by Oddmar »

If you look, in a few photos one can see a pair of nippers. I would guess it's pretty small, about 12"x12"x8"?

My advice is don't build anything so small. After watching plenty of Youtube videos, all the small ROV's are jerking/bobbing all over the place. The lightest current or tug on the tether yanks the ROV sideways, making for a very annoying video. I can only assume it's a pain to maneuver as well.

My initial small build is the size of a large ice chest with (6) 4200kv brushless motors. With more mass comes more stability. I have the ability to pan and tilt my cameras so i don't have to waste battery power slewing the ROV back and forth.

My dream build is the size of a large chest freezer. With 6-dof, plenty of LED lighting, and two manipulators with 10-dof each. But that will cost me about $3500.00