Page 1 of 1

Hello from Aberdeen!

Posted: Jul 28th, 2012, 7:17 pm
by uberdeity
Greetings from Aberdeen, Scotland!

I've been designing/repairing/otherwise working with ROVs and other subsea tech for about 5 years now, and after a few half-arsed / half-hearted attempts I gave up trying to build a model ROV. But I've had a recent change of heart and am now putting together my own ROV!

This looks like an excellent site, and will try to help where I can. They say you learn from your mistakes, and I've made pretty much all of them so far :P

Regards,
Uberdeity

Re: Hello from Aberdeen!

Posted: Jul 28th, 2012, 9:34 pm
by bikerbones1968
Welcome to the forums uberdeity. I always say if you never make mistakes, your not doing anything! This is a great site and lots of experience here to help anyone from novice to advanced builders.

Cheers
Anthony

Re: Hello from Aberdeen!

Posted: Jul 31st, 2012, 9:03 pm
by sthone
Welcome to the forum, hopefully we can help you out along the way and vice-verse.

I've had a lot of trial and error along the way but now that I look back at all my failed attempts I have to just laugh at my self, after all.... even though I may have had some failures along the way I've had a lot of fun too.

I actually wish more people would post there failures and not just their successes that way others can learn from their mistakes and not have to repeat them.

Again Welcome to our little group,

-Steve 8-)