Page 1 of 1

Another Newbie

Posted: Jun 27th, 2012, 11:23 pm
by Grumpytoolguy
Hello from Arkansas, my name is Greg Robertson, I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico and have been a scuba diver since 1979. I've have had an interest in ROV's for as long as I can remember. Having been in charge of our local SAR Teams, responsible for underwater crime scene's, boating accidents and underwater search and recovery re-inspired my interest in ROV's due to the size of our lake (400+ miles of shoreline) I have always felt that having the ability to do remotely controlled searchs and surveys prior to hazarding diver's would be a great idea. Recently forced into early retirement I have been working around my shop and realized that I probably have enough misc parts and pieces to cobble together a fairly decent and very operational ROV for both personal enjoyment and hopefully deployment and use for our area Law Enforcement agencies. I have a broad background in a varity of fields including Aircraft Maintenance, Law Enforcement, Hydraulics, Penumatics, Electrics and Electro Mechanical design. Anyway, sorry for running on so, hope to see you around the forums and thank you ahead of time for your help and for being allowed to be part of this.

Re: Another Newbie

Posted: Jun 30th, 2012, 4:48 pm
by bikerbones1968
Hi Grumpy, welcome to the forums. I am sure once you start reading all the threads you find some great information to get you started. I would say with your background and experience you will have no troubles once you get going. Best bet is to first research anything you need to know or are uncertain of. And secondly ASK lots of questions. There is a weatlth of knowledge and experienced builders here.

Anthony

Re: Another Newbie

Posted: Jun 30th, 2012, 6:20 pm
by Grumpytoolguy
Thank you bikerbones1968, I appreciate your reply and I agree there is a wealth of knowledge in the forum, I have had a great time reading the questions and the replys, you are correct there are some very impressive people here!

Thanks