RC control question
Posted: May 27th, 2012, 7:54 am
Hi all,
Looks like I will be going down the path of an RC (guided by tether) design, similar to rovrobotsubmariner.com.
I have a question regarding steering control though. I would like to vary from the above mentioned design a little and am after feedback on whether you think this would work:
- channel 1 portside thruster (left stick forward/back)
- channel 2 starboard thruster (right stick forward/back)
- channel 3 horizontal thruster (right stick right/left) (strafe)
- channel 4 vertical thruster (left stick left/right)
I would like to control steering subtly by only activating one forward thruster. For example, push on the left stick (port thruster) to go forward but should push slightly to the right.
But I would like to control steering more aggressively by running one thruster forward and one thruster backward.
My question is, can this be done on a standard RC transmitter, or is what I'm describing (running two channels at once) what they refer to as "channel mixing" and therefore need the appropriate channel mixing facility on the transmitter?
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers
Mg
Looks like I will be going down the path of an RC (guided by tether) design, similar to rovrobotsubmariner.com.
I have a question regarding steering control though. I would like to vary from the above mentioned design a little and am after feedback on whether you think this would work:
- channel 1 portside thruster (left stick forward/back)
- channel 2 starboard thruster (right stick forward/back)
- channel 3 horizontal thruster (right stick right/left) (strafe)
- channel 4 vertical thruster (left stick left/right)
I would like to control steering subtly by only activating one forward thruster. For example, push on the left stick (port thruster) to go forward but should push slightly to the right.
But I would like to control steering more aggressively by running one thruster forward and one thruster backward.
My question is, can this be done on a standard RC transmitter, or is what I'm describing (running two channels at once) what they refer to as "channel mixing" and therefore need the appropriate channel mixing facility on the transmitter?
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers
Mg