Page 1 of 1
Hello from Denmark
Posted: Jun 24th, 2015, 7:22 am
by falconisimator
Hi, I'm a student living in southern Denmark.
I'm looking to build an ROV as a side project mostly as a platform to play around with.
Unfortunately raw materials are hard to come by in my area so suggestions of where to get stuff like delrin would be much appreciated.
Re: Hello from Denmark
Posted: Jun 25th, 2015, 5:24 pm
by rossrov
Hello falconisimator. Try doing an internet search using the term "acetal" or "acetal rod" (in local language?). The stuff I last purchased is made in Germany, apparently.
Re: Hello from Denmark
Posted: Jun 26th, 2015, 1:25 pm
by falconisimator
Thanks, I'm originally from the US so I'm just really missing things like mcmaster carr and just the general ability to get whatever you want.
Is there some ban on 6061 aluminum in Europe or something? I haven't seen it anywhere. Everything is 6060 or 6063.
Re: Hello from Denmark
Posted: Jul 25th, 2015, 8:28 pm
by Jaman42
falconisimator wrote:
Is there some ban on 6061 aluminum in Europe or something? I haven't seen it anywhere. Everything is 6060 or 6063.
I believe 6082 is more common here, basically the same, we use it for the same applications they use 6061 in the US
Re: Hello from Denmark
Posted: Jul 26th, 2015, 5:40 pm
by Bubbles
Aluminium 6061 is really common at US.
6082 T6 is very common at EU and it has almost the same mechanical behavior as 6061.
You can use both alloys for the same project with no problem at all.