One switch to rule all ;) Reed contact switch to start all?
Posted: Oct 10th, 2013, 6:16 pm
Howdie,
Now my ESC have arrived and i am planning to purchase an IP webcam. I start to wonder how I am going to start it all when it is inside a closed ROV.
The plan:
- Reed switch which will power the Arduino with the network shield.
- Connected to the Arduino a I2C or whatever bus driven relay board to allow me to switch on 4 other devices. Currently 3 ESC and 1 IP Webcam.
- Each ESC will have its own Lipo. And one lipo is shared between the Arduino and the IP Webcam.
- Arduino can be powered directly from the lipo, the IP Webcam will use a DC/DC converter.
- After the Arduino is powered on the landside laptop can connect and send the command to arm the ESC one by one, preventing huge AMPS. And the same goes for the Cam.
A big question remains for me, anybody knows a good board which is capable of switching different voltages 3x5v (ESC) and 1x12V (Webcam) and not using four separate ports for this. All boards I have seen so far need four imputs to switch on or off and I am not sure that the can handle different voltages on the switched side (could be my lack of understanding).
Thanks for you thoughts.
Now my ESC have arrived and i am planning to purchase an IP webcam. I start to wonder how I am going to start it all when it is inside a closed ROV.
The plan:
- Reed switch which will power the Arduino with the network shield.
- Connected to the Arduino a I2C or whatever bus driven relay board to allow me to switch on 4 other devices. Currently 3 ESC and 1 IP Webcam.
- Each ESC will have its own Lipo. And one lipo is shared between the Arduino and the IP Webcam.
- Arduino can be powered directly from the lipo, the IP Webcam will use a DC/DC converter.
- After the Arduino is powered on the landside laptop can connect and send the command to arm the ESC one by one, preventing huge AMPS. And the same goes for the Cam.
A big question remains for me, anybody knows a good board which is capable of switching different voltages 3x5v (ESC) and 1x12V (Webcam) and not using four separate ports for this. All boards I have seen so far need four imputs to switch on or off and I am not sure that the can handle different voltages on the switched side (could be my lack of understanding).
Thanks for you thoughts.