Page 1 of 1

highlander rov

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013, 5:03 pm
by jonnyhas
Thought I would at last post some pics of Rev 3 of my rov, nearly ready for testing in water when the weather gets better! :D

Spec as follows

5 no converted bilge pumps the 5th one is under for strafe movement
Control is by vellemen k8023 in the otter box with a board I made for the camera controls
A waxed in control box with 4 no h bridge relays mounted at the front under the Cramera pod
The controller consist of a joystick with dual relays at each. Movement I found it better than using one at an angle
Rise / sink momentary button & override dual throw flip switch
Small monetary dual throw switch for the camera up/down
Push button's for strafe
Single push button for led light

teather consist of a pair of 16awg for thruster, a pair of 18awg for power to the controller,camera and light and a 4core coms cable for the video,light relay and vellemen

So there you have it any questions ask away. Will hope to have some video soon

Cheers John

Re: highlander rov

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013, 7:02 pm
by KR2_Diving
Looks Great!
What depth are you aiming for?

Re: highlander rov

Posted: Apr 11th, 2013, 3:39 am
by martinw
Very cool 8-)

Martin

Re: highlander rov

Posted: Apr 11th, 2013, 1:05 pm
by dna1990
Planning a future ROV with a conrol box about the same size as yours. Anxious to know how much bouyancy it adds and how much weight is needed to compensate?

Re: highlander rov

Posted: Apr 11th, 2013, 1:57 pm
by thegadgetguy
Nice! What material did you use for the frame? I really like your design.

Re: highlander rov

Posted: Apr 11th, 2013, 4:27 pm
by jonnyhas
Hi guys,

Kr2 - I'm looking at 30 - 35 m I on.y have a short teather just no 30ish meters but I am trying to source a better purpose built one being close to Aberdeen It is possible I will get one hopefully quite cheaply

DNA - to be honest with you I don't know I will try and measure it by weight in the bath a some point and let you know , if I could remember the stuff I learnt at uni I could work it out by can't :D

Thegadgetguy - its is made from 10mm lexan I got from work, its great you can drill and tap it for m4 or m5 ss machine screws.

Cheers Jonny

Re: highlander rov

Posted: Apr 11th, 2013, 4:39 pm
by KR2_Diving
Cheers Jonny for the info!
I like the look! The lexan frame looks like a great idea!

Re: highlander rov

Posted: Apr 12th, 2013, 12:22 am
by Tal
Nice build Jonny!!!! :D