KR2 ROV

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
DavidF

Re: KR2 ROV

Post by DavidF »

WOW!!! That is going to be awsome!! Let me know when you get the code cleaned up, I would love to go this route on my rov.
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Looking good KR2. Every successfull step is a step forward.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Question, when all is said and done will you be communicating from one arduino to another via Ethernet or some other means?
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Post by KR2_Diving »

Hey David,
Yes... that is the plan. At the moment I am thinking of an Arduino Mega in the Sub and a Uno at the surface. I think I am going to use RS485 coms to communicate between the two units... cheaper (and smaller) then the Ethernet shields!

I am off to Germany for the week on business, but I hope to clean the code up next weekend, and when I do, I will post it here.

Cheers!

Ryan
"KR2_Diving"
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

That would be great. I have the arduino's sitting here and just ordered 2 ps2 controllers today.
KR2_Diving

Post by KR2_Diving »

DavidF wrote:That would be great. I have the arduino's sitting here and just ordered 2 ps2 controllers today.
Hey David,
Recommend getting an extension cable as well. Using this as the hard wired connection will allow you to easily swap out a controller, pack your system, and just be less of a hassle in general. They are cheap on amazon.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

KR2_Diving wrote:
DavidF wrote:That would be great. I have the arduino's sitting here and just ordered 2 ps2 controllers today.
Hey David,
Recommend getting an extension cable as well. Using this as the hard wired connection will allow you to easily swap out a controller, pack your system, and just be less of a hassle in general. They are cheap on amazon.

I was just going to splice in a db9 connector. Thought it might be better as I can bolt the connector to the case. Unless there is something I'm missing.....?????
KR2_Diving

Post by KR2_Diving »

DavidF wrote:I was just going to splice in a db9 connector. Thought it might be better as I can bolt the connector to the case. Unless there is something I'm missing.....?????
My only thought would be... lets say your controller packs it in and dies, or gets dropped over bored... if you made your db9 connection on the extension cable, you can plug a new PS2 controller in right out of the box.

I will be using a D-Sub connector myself to actually hard wire the controller in, VIA the extension cable.
KR2_Diving

Post by KR2_Diving »

Code is cleaned and posted over in the Control Section!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=831

Best of luck!

Ryan "KR2_Diving"
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

KR2_Diving wrote:
DavidF wrote:I was just going to splice in a db9 connector. Thought it might be better as I can bolt the connector to the case. Unless there is something I'm missing.....?????
My only thought would be... lets say your controller packs it in and dies, or gets dropped over bored... if you made your db9 connection on the extension cable, you can plug a new PS2 controller in right out of the box.

I will be using a D-Sub connector myself to actually hard wire the controller in, VIA the extension cable.

Yea that makes more sense, ill do it that way. ;)