New from Panama City, Fl

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
87TurboIroc

Re: New from Panama City, Fl

Post by 87TurboIroc »

update... boat is going to be fixed. Everything new underneath except they were able to save the props. It ended up being a little over $8k in damage. Insure those boats is all I can say! Should have her back at the end of October. Can't wait to put the sidescan beam on this spot and see what is down there.
87TurboIroc

Post by 87TurboIroc »

Hey everyone.. I'm back finally. Damages totalled $9200 + towing.

My very first drive was back to the marina, by way of the accident site. It took a while to locate the object even though my GPS waypoint was only 20 feet from the location on the bottom. My sidescan was almost useless in locating the debris, even though it stands nearly six feet off the bottom. I finally found it using patience and the high res downscan. Here are a couple of screen shots so you can start guessing as to what it is:

Clearly it has a draped rope appearance, although the returns show very thick 'rope like' debris. I've GOT to get a camera down there to see what we are dealing with. Since its only 30 feet down it should be easy to throw together a simple three pump ROV with relays to look around a bit. However I suspect this would be super easy to tangle up. Might be better to just drop a camera down for now.
87TurboIroc

Post by 87TurboIroc »

One more shot of it a few feet further over from the above shots..