Hello from Connecticut

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
tazdevl77

Hello from Connecticut

Post by tazdevl77 »

Wanted to say hi to everyone and thank Steve for this forum and his website. Been interested in building an ROV since I was a teenager, but lacked knowledge and $$ back then. Have built and tested several successful hulls/ housings from PVC and lexan, but never got any farther than that. I have a very strong mechanical, fabrication, and automotive electrical background, which I know will help me with the actual building and construction of my ROV. I also use to race RC cars in my late teens, so I have knowledge of servo's, speed controllers, etc... I do however, have a limited knowledge on computers and control boards, and I have never written computer code. I'm probably 2-3 notches above being a complete computer idiot. I will be heavily dependent on all of you for help on getting any type of control system up and running that goes beyond standard pole switches and relays. I am a quick learner though, and I tend to understand things quickly when it's explained to me. Fortunately, my father in law is an engineer at EB (they build our fast attack nuclear subs), and he has a whole fabrication shop in his basement (lathes, mills, saws, etc..). I am probably going to shy away from PVC because of this, and go the aluminum/ stainless steel route. I will share everything that I learn and I hope to learn a lot from all of you. Tim
sthone

Re: Hello from Connecticut

Post by sthone »

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the group, good to have a fellow Connecticuter (<-- is that a word?) here, I can't wait to see what you come up with, with all those machines at your disposal. (no pressure though :D)

-Steve