Programming ??????? help please!!

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Mareike

Programming ??????? help please!!

Post by Mareike »

:shock: I have got finally most parts and can more or less get started with the cold commissioning... after I bought some I/O boards and 6 relais boards, 6 brushless motors, speedcontrollers..
lol then it hit me: I am not a computer freak and these new pieces ask for a program: HOW TO WRITE A PROGRAM?
Any suggestion will be thankful taken..
Mareike
derelicte

Re: Programming ??????? help please!!

Post by derelicte »

why don't you start by posting exactly what you bought.
fluffy111

Post by fluffy111 »

What programming do you need? For aplication on a computer or embendded systems? There is not much difference. Only communication can be problem on both (becouse of linking on computer and building protocoll on embendded system). So I suggest you to choose a bit powerfuul tools (not asm). If you are using AVR or 8051, I suggest that you start learning basic in Visual Basic and Bascom. If you are using Arduino board, ARM, Motorola or others, start learning C or C++ (best will be C). I personally think, that if you are beginner in programing, you should use basic, flowcode or ladder diagram (last is only for some megaAVR and PIC uC). But all of that depends of what do you already have. After that, find youself some tutorials and start programing!

Regards
Fluffy
thegadgetguy

Post by thegadgetguy »

Yes, learn C. Many important things use C. Also, there are many programming forums out there with people who really know there stuff. I'd probably ask over on one of those, too.
chriskon149

Post by chriskon149 »

If you use an Arduino microprocessor (www.arduino.cc), you can use C++. I've written several ROV firmwares in C++ on the Arduino architecture (based on those ATMEL ATMegas), and they all run at faster than 20 packets per second over UDP. It all depends on what you want to do. C is definitely not a bad choice, either. It'll execute faster than C++, but it'll be more work. Also, look around in the Arduino forums. They have great advice there (if you wind up using Arduinos)!

Good luck!
Chris