New guy from California/Georgia

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
neilp1

New guy from California/Georgia

Post by neilp1 »

Hey Guys

New to the forum, but Ive spent the past week poring over all of the awesome posts and links. Ive been interested in building an ROV now for about 6 months in order to explore a 200 foot deep lake at my fiances parents place in Georgia. No scuba diving allowed but an ROV would be okay. Im from California and spend a lot of time scuba diving out in Monterey and have visited MBARI and the Aquarium many times. I just love being underwater. With being at the in-laws with a lot of free time the past week, ive been researching the build like crazy. Here and all over the web.

Im going to go the open frame SeaFox route. No computer controls since i cant code and have no idea about robotics. Will be using off the shelf electronics also, no PCB making for me- tried it in the past and i failed big. Ive built LED dive lights in the past, which gives me some background in power management and making underwater housings etc. Anyway, ill have more questions in the specific forum areas under each category.

Cheers guys and good luck on your builds!
Mareike

Re: New guy from California/Georgia

Post by Mareike »

I got lots help from the lads here.. let it dive and we meet at 200m cam to cam :lol:
ERIEWRECKDIVER

Re: New guy from California/Georgia

Post by ERIEWRECKDIVER »

Please tell us about your LED experiences.