Need WTC Ideas!

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
fpricken

Re: Need WTC Ideas!

Post by fpricken »

Hi, What diameter is the dome, and what did you pay for it, incl. shipping?

thx

Frank
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Nice looking work Toffe. I recognize a few features in your build. ;)
Toffe

Post by Toffe »

"Dang" .. I cant find any idea on how to make an watertight compartment! Thats mostly all i need. I need a "big" compartment with space enough. The pvc (scheldue 60 80 ) it not to be found in norway. And i really want it watertight engouh to 50 meters. Anyone got a "simple" idea? Really simple build for a WTC? With possibility for cables out for all 6 mototers and 2 lights and 2 cameras and tether? :/
leeinmt

Post by leeinmt »

Coming from the 'thrusters' thread, the next roadblock on my project is how to hydrostatic test my 6" PVC pressure hull to know what I can get away with with electronics, cameras, etc. The 24 inch hull won't fit in my original pressure testing chamber (paint pressure tank from Harbor Freight) that I used successfully on my first mini ROV project.
But wait...length is not the issue. Diameter integrity is what we are looking for. My schedule 40 pvc 'riser' from Home Depot can be cut to a length that will fit in my paint tank. Eight inch length or 8 foot length should still handle the same external psi if equipped with the same bulkheads.
The paint tank will probably need new gaskets or o rings to handle the 300 psi that I am shooting for. The tank is rated for 80 psi internal, but I tested it far beyond those numbers.
I will start looking for the tank tomorrow in the shed past the chicken house. I looked all over the hanger and couldn't find it. When I do, I will hydrostatic test the ROV pressure vessel to see if it can handle 300 psi external.
These forums are a wealth of knowledge and creativity.

Lee

'Your best teacher is your last mistake'