my ROV design....

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
DavidF

Re: my ROV design....

Post by DavidF »

olegodo wrote:Wow! Is that printed with solid infill? How long did it take?
It's 6 separate parts and took about 20 hours total with 30% infill. I figure I'll try it like this and if the parts fail ill fix them later on. I have to do something to get this project started....
Zaibach

Post by Zaibach »

Wow looking at that track support helps to get a feel for the potential size of that ROV and its going to be a hefty little guy. Love how the arms are designed to fold up so nicely :)

I've been entertaining the idea of some kind of manipulator but the thought of trying to seal so many motors and somehow getting positional data from them makes me cringe lol. So I certainly take my hat off to you for such an ambitious project :)
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Thanks!! Im not going to wind up building it the way I really want to, I cant afford to do that... But im going to utilize most of the design work ive put into it to come up with something functional. I managed to get a couple more wheels printed today, and hope to print a couple more every day. The only way im going to get this thing done is by doing it one part at a time LOL
I figure I can make the treads and drivers then make a frame to attach things to. "Things" being what ever I can find to adapt to work. Ill be making alot of changes to things to reduce the parts count and will be losing alot of the position feedback stuff to come up with a working rov rather than just a cartoon one....
If it manages to do what I want it to I can upgrade the systems and parts later on.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

One thing, shaft sealing isnt that bad. Mc master has a seal that has held up to 1500 psi under steam applications, trick is the shaft diameter needs to be small. about a 1/4".
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

I know this is a terrible pic, but this should give you an idea of the over all size of the rov. Still printing parts, have to go pick up some more filament this evening...
profesorul

Post by profesorul »

HI @DavidF ,

What programs/s did You use to draw before You sent them to Printing machine ?
I ask You because ENGLISH is not my mother language and I have many years sence I tray to find something simple to learn but is very difficult , an less I can find a manual for that program I use .
What I want to do is guest a simple drawing for an ROV first and for a RC submarine witch is my main passion .

When You have the printing machine can You add some pictures and some explanation about how You used .

All the best and CLEAR WATERS .

MARIUS
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

profesorul wrote:HI @DavidF ,

What programs/s did You use to draw before You sent them to Printing machine ?
I ask You because ENGLISH is not my mother language and I have many years sence I tray to find something simple to learn but is very difficult , an less I can find a manual for that program I use .
What I want to do is guest a simple drawing for an ROV first and for a RC submarine witch is my main passion .

When You have the printing machine can You add some pictures and some explanation about how You used .

All the best and CLEAR WATERS .

MARIUS
The cad drawings were done in alibre, then rendered in key shots. It is an easy program to use and I highly recommend it.
http://www.alibre.com/
profesorul

Post by profesorul »

HI DAVID , :)

THANK YOU for the answer . I wheel tray to see if I can learn these program .
Any TIPS/TRICKS , some LIBRARY , or anything else is welcome.

MARIUS
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

printed the bucket for the excavator the past couple of days...
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Well, its been 8 years now. Still nothing built :cry:
But I haven't lost interest....