Hello from Alaska

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
Alaska Rov Systems

Hello from Alaska

Post by Alaska Rov Systems »

Hi all,

I live up here in Alaska. Last year I built a working Rov. In the future I hope to add lights and camera. My goal is to explore as deep as I can. Since I live close to the water, I want to expore the bay, the local harbor and our local fishing hole.

Inventing is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration

Alex Stuart
Last edited by Alaska Rov Systems on Jan 17th, 2011, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sthone

Re: Hello from Alaska

Post by sthone »

Welcome to the Forum, let see what you have done, if you have pictures you can share them in the Your ROV Projects forum.

-Steve
Alaska Rov Systems

I will post the pictures the week of Dec 16th

Hello Steve,

I will post the pictures of my rov when I get home for the holidays. My Rov (Sea Crate)is stored at a friends house. I will post pictures and descriptions as soon as I get back home.

Alex Stuart
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Hello Alex welcome to the forum. And yes please post so we can all be inspired.
Alaska Rov Systems

Well I have decided not to post pictures of my project. My brother is an inventor and he told me not to post the pictures in case someone wanted to use/steal my ideas. so I will still contribute to forum and toss around ideas.

Inventing is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration

Alex :ugeek:
sthone

Post by sthone »

That is entirely up to you not to share what you have done but think about it like this....

....how far along would "you" be in your own project without seeing what others have done first? :?

Plus I have to tell you, other people have saved me countless time and money by offering me advice on projects I have posted. Things like ... I've tried what your thinking about and it didn't work, or you'll save time by doing it this way, ect. The only real way to guard any idea is to patent it, and doing that isn't cheap.

But to each his own, for me bouncing ideas around is half the fun. :)

-Steve
Alaska Rov Systems

thanks For the info Steve!