Newby looking for help and advice

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
BigAl999

Newby looking for help and advice

Post by BigAl999 »

Hi every one this is my first post here
i am from the uk
i am going to build an ROV over the next few months and could do with some help and support.
i have been ill with really bad depresion and other problems for a long time now but i am starting to get better this project is to help me get back to a better place.
what i would like if some one has the time and has the experence here to mentor me trough my first build. i have a very strong electrical background but electroinics a bit poor.
i know the design i want to build its a variation on the openrov one.
i am hoping to control it from a laptop with and arduino in the rov but am willing to take any advice going nothing is cast in stone yet.
inital toughts are as follows
pan and tilt camera
3 motors left,right and up and down
also either now or later depending on cost
temp
depth
and sonar
readings over the video feed
also looking at the camera recording what it has seen either on the computer or on a memory card in the rov
i know it will not be easy but thats the point in the exercise to fill my day with a purpose and to solve problems. just if i get stuck need someone to talk to who can direct me the right way.
AL
terryt

Re: Newby looking for help and advice

Post by terryt »

Hi big Al,

I'm also from the UK and a newbie on here to help with building my first ROV. Sounds like you've set yourself a hum dinger of a task and design, I'm sure you'll get the answers to your queries over time. Just chip away at the individual bits and info. My own design is based on the Seaeye Falcon, without too much electronics though. I will have GPS overlay on the surface video, but that's more for my reference of where I am at the time in the boat. I still have loads of queries and hope to find the answers on here over time.

Good luck with your project and hope you are on the road to recovery there matey.

all the best
soulreaper

Re: Newby looking for help and advice

Post by soulreaper »

Hello BigAl999, welcome to the forum. People here will be able to steer you in the right direction with your rov. First please tell us what you set your budget at, as this will have a huge impact on the over all construction of your rov.