Seafox rov

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
electronicscrazy

Seafox rov

Post by electronicscrazy »

Hello everyone, I recently completed my ROV that i have been working on for a while now. I went with steve's relay control, as well as a camera.

The ROV uses 4 1000gph bilge pumps for propulsion, which are controlled by relays on the ROV. The relays are controlled from the surface by a basic controller using switches. For lighting, I have four d.i.y led lights, which are quite bright.

I have started working on a new control system using two arduino's with a serial connection.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions they will be greatly appreciated. :)
Attachments
DSC03018.JPG
DSC03018.JPG (399.17 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
DSC03019.JPG
DSC03019.JPG (385.9 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
DSC03020.JPG
DSC03020.JPG (278.85 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
soulreaper

Re: Seafox rov

Post by soulreaper »

Your Rov looks good. Nice work!!! My only concern is the soda float chambers. Those soda bottles are made of thin plastic and will deform/crush easily at depth. Im sure they will be fine for shallow dives but I would start thinking of a more permanent solution for floatation. Im NOT bashing your rov, Im just trying to let you know the soda bottles wont hold up for long. ;)
electronicscrazy

well it can't really go that deep because i only have a 10m tether but i hope to at least double that to 25m or longer.
ROZ

Post by ROZ »

If you really wanna keep the bottles you could always try and fill them with foam???
electronicscrazy

i think i'll end up replacing them with pvc pipes for aesthetic and strength reasons