Major Camera Issues??

Our Eye's under the water.
timothyalderson

Re: Major Camera Issues??

Post by timothyalderson »

I'm using a 120v to 12v power supply. I have the capability to use a 12v cigarette lighter instead but for simplicity for testing im just using the Power supply. I checked it already its at 12.1v at the ROV. And the resistance is under .01 Ohm.
ROZ

Post by ROZ »

I use the same thing, I have access to power where I use my rov.
also is that the sony ccd 1/3 from hobby king? if so the voltage is "Input voltage: 9~12.6V"
timothyalderson

No its a Harbor freight special security camera. I just removed the camera from the housing and cut the ends from the 75 foot cable. It even came with the adapters and AV ends. :D
timothyalderson

Also i added quick connectors to everything and spliced in a separate 9v power for the camera. Im hoping it fixed the issue. I also started getting ready to put mineral oil in the motors.
reHosea

Post by reHosea »

If you're using a 120/12v DC power supply, the output may just be a little dirty. Check the AC voltage level at your camera connection. A good clean DC output should only show just a couple of AC millivolts. Putting a capacitor near the camera connection should clean it up if it's dirty.
timothyalderson

If it still doesn't work I will consider using one. I'm trying to remember where the post is that tells how to do it. Anyone?
thegadgetguy

Post by thegadgetguy »

Is this the thread you were looking for?
http://homebuiltrovs.com/rovforum/viewt ... +capacitor

I've used this, and it works great for filtering out PWM signals from an Arduino attached to the same power supply. Hope it helps!
timothyalderson

Yes that was it. Thanks man
timothyalderson

Ok guys I got the camera to work by changing the power source input to 9V. It works great when the thrusters are off. It flickers on and off when the thrusters are engaged etc. The picture comes back after the voltage stabilizes. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a capacitor and a resistor might fix the problem.
ROZ

Post by ROZ »

A capacitor sounds like a good idea, why would you want a resistor tho? i thought you already had the correct voltage?