RC transmission through tether

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
BigAl999

Re: RC transmission through tether

Post by BigAl999 »

Been out of action a bit but could use some help please
just got my hands on a JR X-3810 transmiter and reciver 9 channel
to use as a DSC link to my rov
but the handbook is 140 pages long and at the moment i can not understand it
here is what i am trying to do if it is possable
right stick up forward backwards reverse left turn left right turn right
left stick up and down tilt camera i can live with that for now just to get something working
my rov has 3 burshless out runners one for up down one left one right
they are controled by 3 car escs
any help appreciated
Al :o
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Welcome back BigAl999.

For JR XP6102 72MHZ FM TX using DSC

I will explain it best I can. I went into the Mix menu and for MX1 selected AIL to ELE. I set AIL to -100% ELE to -100% SW was set to ALWAYS ON

Then in the mix menu for MX2 I selected ELE to AIL and set ELE +100% and AIL +100% SW was set to ALWAYS ON.

With these settings the AIL channel mimics the ELE channel so pushing the stick up, both motors will run forward, pushing the stick down both motors run in reverse.

Now MX2 being programmed exactly opposite in settings as MX1 when pushing right on the stick the left motor runs forward and right motor in reverse turning the ROV right. Stick to the left makes the right motor run forward and the left motor run in reverse turning the ROV to the left.

Another cool thing when going in a forward direction and for some reason i.e. water current is present and I am drifting to the left or right, I can feather the control either right or left slightly to apply more speed to one or the other thrusters compensating for drifting. When reversing the controls it also allow you to feather left or right with the same results. Each stick movment on any of four diagonal positions operate the motors independantly either forward or reverse.

For Futaba ask rvanscotter. The manuals are very long and detailed for most of these type radios. It might seem like a difficult task to read and comprehend the literature but it is worth the reading and research in the long run. Another good source is from users on all the RC flying forums.
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

mikec wrote:I only have the manual for the TX, which does have a trainer port. The ppm signal above was taken from it. Unfortunately I can't find a manual for the RX, so any info you can find would be much appreciated
Ok been digging around into that Tx and RX you have. 2.4 GHZ FASST is a totaly different animal from what I have played with. I don't think it is necessary to use a 2.4 GHZ RX and in fact I do not think there is a mod or hack for the PPM input for that receiver. This is worth a try. Get any Futaba DSC RX of any frequency. Because you are only driving the PPM into the RX you do not have to worry about the RF portion. It should work.

"PPM out" from TX send signal over twisted pair to "DSC in" on RX.
mikec

Post by mikec »

Ok been digging around into that Tx and RX you have. 2.4 GHZ FASST is a totaly different animal from what I have played with. I don't think it is necessary to use a 2.4 GHZ RX and in fact I do not think there is a mod or hack for the PPM input for that receiver. This is worth a try. Get any Futaba DSC RX of any frequency. Because you are only driving the PPM into the RX you do not have to worry about the RF portion. It should work.

"PPM out" from TX send signal over twisted pair to "DSC in" on RX.[/quote]

It's an FHSS, but I think in this case it makes little difference. I'll try and see if I can find an alternative RX
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

I am finding two different specs for the same model number TX for some odd reason. One is 72 MHZ and one is 2.4GHZ which of the two is yours? Are you sure you have the model number quoted correctly?
I am finding T4YF which is a 72MHZ system.

Send me a PIC lol
mikec

Post by mikec »

The full name for the TX is T4YF 2.4 Ghz

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/4yf-2_4ghz-manual.pdf
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Ahhhh the manual will help. I will try to give it a read tonight after work, supper, and fire department practice. LOL
BigAl999

Post by BigAl999 »

Hi I am about to make my dsc cable I take it at the battery switch cable at the reciver end it will not use the positive but the 0 volt and the other core which I take it is the transmiter core :oops:
Al
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

BigAl999 does your manual show the DSC cable and switch configuration? Like this?
BigAl999

Post by BigAl999 »

It just shows a little pic at the bottom of a page ans says you should only use thers I think
Tried setting up the remote as you said but I get some strange responses from the up down on the right stick left to right works ok
If I push forwarded the left motor controller on the LCD screen goes forwarded but the right motor control never moves more then a bit
I am confused now could you have a look at the manuals and see what you think I can email it to you if you can not find it.
It has a settings page to recorded the settings just confusing so many menus
Thanks for the help I am getting I might have give up by now if I had not received any
Al