Trying something Different....

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
jason howard

Re: Trying something Different....

Post by jason howard »

are you using a double boiler when you melt the wax? if not i highly recommend you do so, if you use an open flame the wax can get very very hot and flow into very tight places and may dammage sensitive components. also after the wax is melted, let it cool a bit till it starts to re-solidfy that way the wax dosent have time to get in all of the really tight places like inside the components but will still seal the project. also if you do a small amout at a time and turn the box around to do the coatings in layers the wax wont be hot enoough to get in the components. just my two cents
timothyalderson

Post by timothyalderson »

I tried doing it in layers. I got the Relays all working again. I used my original Dual relays instead and it works great. I am having problems with the camera still. I Ohm'ed the whole thing out. checked the voltage and voltage drops. tried changing the length of the Video out and nothing. This is the second camera and I checked it before I installed it. Any Ideas?
jason howard

Post by jason howard »

it sounds like it may be a wireing issue. does your video in negitave wire and camera video out negitave wire and power share a common ground? that was a problem i had with my camera. i had all the grounds tied in subside but only the + signal out running topside. the camera worked when pluged in but when hooked through the teather all i got was snow.after i included a common ground in the tether to topside and grounded everything property the camera worked perfectly.
timothyalderson

The thrusters, camera, LEDS, etc all share the same ground. The camera has its own power wire and separate video out running into the umbilical. Maybe I should change the wiring and make the camera have its own ground and a common power instead.
jason howard

Post by jason howard »

if you can post some photos and a diagram of your wireing i think i may be able to help you a little more.
timothyalderson

THanks. I will get that tomorrow when I have a few minutes.
timothyalderson

Ok guys here it is.
Attachments
photo(2).JPG
photo(2).JPG (90.55 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
photo(3).JPG
photo(3).JPG (102.99 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
photo(4).JPG
photo(4).JPG (102.24 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG (108.49 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (121.51 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
photo(5).JPG
photo(5).JPG (121.32 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
photo(6).JPG
photo(6).JPG (118.35 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
timothyalderson

Crap I messed that up. The camera has a separate power wire. Everything else is the same.
jason howard

Post by jason howard »

your video out wire has 2 wires in it and it needs to be grounded as well. if you cut the cable there will be a single coted wire in the middle surrounded by a bare wire. that bare wire is a grounding wire and needs to run from the camera to the video monitor. i belive that is the problem, take a look at your layout and make sure its grounded properly try running the camera directly and see if that fixes the problem.
timothyalderson

My camera doesn't have a shielded wire. Ill take a picture of the camera.