Trying something Different....

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
bikerbones1968

Re: Trying something Different....

Post by bikerbones1968 »

I have been researching to death various control systems for my build. The one system that caught my eye was the ROV Asia system. Currently not available but is supposed to be remanufactured in three months’ time. A complete drop in solution other than the ROV Asia is pretty much non-existent. I am not much into learning programming unless it absolutely necessary. I don’t like the thought of using software for a control option just because one small accident and your new laptop is toast. I want to use on board batteries and a simple PS2 joystick using the potentiometers to control my variable speed controls onboard. So at this point I am unsure which way to go.
timothyalderson

Post by timothyalderson »

I'm trying to stay basic. And this is a first run experiment. I figure this probably wont be the final design or the one I end up with. Just thought Id try something not tried before and see what happens. I started working on the other ROV with the frame. I changed the design slightly and bolted it all together. Right now I'm waiting on the foam Buoyancy to dry. Its a super simple design and looks decent. Ill Post pictures tomorrow.
derelicte

Post by derelicte »

I would stay away from rov asia. they have a terrible track record with delivering and support. look here and at rcgroups in the rov forum.
timothyalderson

Got a few pictures
Attachments
photo(20).JPG
photo(20).JPG (98.22 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
photo(19).JPG
photo(19).JPG (122.51 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
photo(18).JPG
photo(18).JPG (108.03 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
photo(17).JPG
photo(17).JPG (106.11 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
photo(2).JPG
photo(2).JPG (104.32 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG (104.81 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (112.09 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
timothyalderson

Ok made some major progress. I got the relays and everything wired up to the point where I should be able to splash it and it should run. I plugged it all in and tested it. No go. The motors don't spin and the camera doesn't work. The camera is just static and absolutely nothing out of the motors. The Lights work though so I know its got power to the Motor control on the ROV. I'm going to try and sort the motors out first then the camera. I Ohm ed the entire tether already so I know there isn't any breaks. I had to try and figure the relays out since they weren't like the ones used in the "How to Section", I might have missed something there.
TO BE CONTINUED.......
timothyalderson

I got two thrusters worked out. The wires were switched in the controller.
timothyalderson

Make that all of the thruster.....
ROZ

Post by ROZ »

I did exactly the same thing with my controller.

how did those fog lights work out under water?
timothyalderson

Anddddddd I sealed and put the candle wax into the Relay box. I have concluded that somewhere I got a wire mixed up for the camera and I think I blew it. Not a big deal just have to go get another one and install it and its done!! Im going to go splash it when the wax hardens. Then then when i get the camera I will do an open ocean dive and max it out.
timothyalderson

The Lights are great. Its alot better and doesn't draw as many amps as the setup I started to setup. LED is defiantly the way to go.