what seal/acces methods do you use forum?

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
Never prototype

what seal/acces methods do you use forum?

Post by Never prototype »

I feel like there is very little talk on the forum about ways to seal your rov to keep water out but remain accessible for maintenance repair upgrades ect.

I am planning on using rubber pipe couplings to mate equal diameter sections of my hull. They rely on hose clamps to work so I bought a torque wrench designed for this purpose.

I always feel compelled to make any port or seal crazy tight and perhaps overbuilt resulting in difficult access to the internals. Maybe it isn't that hard to make decent hatch, what do YOU think forum?
Never prototype

Re: what seal/acces methods do you use forum?

Post by Never prototype »

Wow
Don't everybody post at once.
Silver dollar

Post by Silver dollar »

I use a PVC union and a acrylic cover. It is fairly easy to close and open and it keep the water outside. The water pressure presses the acrylic towards the o-ring and seal it harder and harder the deeper the ROV goes.
derelicte

Post by derelicte »

I initially used a union for my camera too. unions with clear lenses are easy to do, but the downside for me was the enormous diameter of unions. a 1.5" union is over 3" in diameter!

I ended up using a sleeve coupling that works well for my camera housing. it is detailed in my pool rover thread.