Multiple Cameras?

Our Eye's under the water.
ERIEWRECKDIVER

Multiple Cameras?

Post by ERIEWRECKDIVER »

Has anyone considered multiple cameras? I'm wondering about the possibility of a Front Left / Front Center / Front Right configuration. With the possibility of tilt up and down abilities.

ErieWreckDiver
Bootyhunter

Re: Multiple Cameras?

Post by Bootyhunter »

Hello,
I have seen tilt and pan cameras on homebuilt rovs before, search on youtube and watch some of those videos. I think multiple cameras is also possible. I don't know how to do it myself, I just know I have seen it done. Check out Rov-in-a-box's facebook page. There is a reply from a search and rescue team and they have one of the kit built rov's with multiple go-pro cameras mounted, 3 of them I think. I have also seen a video on there with a color camera in the front of the rov and a b/w mounted on the rear of the rov. Hope this helps. If you get it going, please post some videos of the wrecks you explore with it, if thats what you are intending to do with it, thanks. Bootyhunter
ERIEWRECKDIVER

Post by ERIEWRECKDIVER »

Bootyhunter,

Thanks for your info. I want to see as much as I can, so I just may have multiple cameras, which involves a lot of video switching that I will need to figure out. But on a wreck seeing in different directions at the same time would be a good thing.

I assure you that I will post anything I find this summer. But until then it is R&D, then build.

Thanks Again,

ErieWreckDiver
derelicte

Post by derelicte »

if you use network (ip) cameras, a single fast ethernet tether could easily support 4 or more cameras. gig ethernet would be even more. If I ever get around to building another rov, it will be ethernet based to support 2 cameras.
ERIEWRECKDIVER

Post by ERIEWRECKDIVER »

WOW. I have got to figure out how to do that. For one the tether would be so much lighter.

Thanks.
thegadgetguy

Post by thegadgetguy »

Yeah, in my opinion (well, my current opinion anyway ;) ) ethernet is the way to go. Just put a switch on the ROV, and you can put network cameras, arduino, and just about anything you want down there.