current ROV project of Mine in vermont

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
thamlin

Re: current ROV project of Mine in vermont

Post by thamlin »

I will be using 1" pvc with 45s on each end. building like a ski, so that way if for some reason do to current and it does hit the bottom at a slight angle, hopefully it will glide like a ski, or sled into what ever it hits. i should have that built and attached by the weekend along with the ballast tanks attached also.
thamlin

Post by thamlin »

so a few shots of how its coming. gonna pick up one johnson pump insert this weekend probably a 500 gph. Then start designing my kortz nozzels. will see how that comes out.
Attachments
untitled6.png
untitled6.png (69.29 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
untitled5.png
untitled5.png (66.26 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
a few shots with the ballast tanks taped to the sides
a few shots with the ballast tanks taped to the sides
untitled4.png (72.86 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
derelicte

Post by derelicte »

Looks great.

How did you attach the buoyancy tanks to the frame?

I'd go with the 1000 gph cartridges. You can never have enough power.
thamlin

Post by thamlin »

currently they are taped up with white duct tape, just for the pictures that i took. Im planning on using stainless steel automotive hose clamps, like a radiator hose. Light in weight, and i can detach them at any time for maintenance or if i need to enlarge the ballast tanks for any reason. Also there like .69 cents each, so there cheap enough and wont corrode quickly or wrote away like normal steel.
robli67

Post by robli67 »

Tim If you want I can draw up your plans for you. I use SolidWorks for my day to day job. I have many pieces of PVC modeled already.

Rob
derelicte

Post by derelicte »

Got it. I can make out the tape in your pics.

Hose clamps should work well. Great idea.
thamlin

Post by thamlin »

robli67 wrote:Tim If you want I can draw up your plans for you. I use SolidWorks for my day to day job. I have many pieces of PVC modeled already.

Rob

Rob that would be awesome. I dont have access or experience with cad programs at all. Im all hands on. 18 years automotive background and all my witts. let me know what you need from me. Here is my email. tim.hamlin@hotmail.com
thamlin

Post by thamlin »

So i have been off for a few weeks, getting ready for a huge exhibit coming to the echo aquarium plus spring time is around the corner so my schedule has been crazy. But i found out some thing today you all might be interested in. Check this website out.

www.greenseainc.com

Probaby depending on the weather, they are coming to the burlington waterfront, this monday thru wensday to do testing of a new ROV design. If anyone in the burlington vermont area wants to come down and watch, they will be there monday at noon till five, then tuesday and wensday nine am to three pm. I will be taking footage on my black berry to post here if i dont screw it up. These guys are the real deal, bigtime robotics and rov systems, plus software design.