Buget camra

Our Eye's under the water.
Nindan

Buget camra

Post by Nindan »

As most folks tarting an ROV project I am searching for the best camera that my buget will allow I ran across this one on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-Sharp-Color ... 8944833329
Any thoughts about this unit will it be any good for live feed to the surface?
derelicte

Re: Buget camra

Post by derelicte »

the sensors in all the cheap security cameras on ebay are all about the same. however don't think that the housing is actually waterproof. splash resistant maybe, but not water proof.

since you will have to make a new watertight housing for a camera like that, you might consider buying a board cam to save a few bucks.
Nindan

Post by Nindan »

Thanks for your reply derelicte. Could you educate my some more on board cameras. This is the one area my knowledge is lacking to complete this project. I am hoping not to waste time or money by buying the wrong camera.
derelicte

Post by derelicte »

all a board camera is is a camera without a housing. it is just a pcb and the lens.

since you will most likely have to build a housing for any camera you buy, a board camera makes a lot of sense because it will be smaller and cheaper than an outdoor security camera.

search for "board camera" on ebay to find some examples.
ERIEWRECKDIVER

Post by ERIEWRECKDIVER »

I've been looking at the underwater fishing cameras that are on Ebay and Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with those?
turtle

Post by turtle »

are you after a colour or black and white, the only down side to most of the colour camera ive looked at with ir leds is they switch to black and white in the dark.
adam
ERIEWRECKDIVER

Post by ERIEWRECKDIVER »

turtle,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Color or Black and White if fine for me. I just want a camera that I can afford that will do the job. After all at the bottom of Lake Erie on a 150 year old wreck. Everything is pretty much Black and White.

I can tell that as time goes on I will upgrade, but until then I would like to have some success without renting my children out for scientific experimentation to afford my hobby. LOL

ErieWreckDiver