turtles rov

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
turtle

turtles rov

Post by turtle »

hi i will start to post pics of my rov. the main body is aluminum 300mm long 150mm dia with a 70mm hole through the center where iam going the mount the thruster for the up and down i will post some pics of this next week, and 2 side pods for thrusters for forward and reverse. heres some of my parts ive started collecting

i also picked up some 50mm 50watt halogen bulbs and some 35mm 35watt, i dont no which ones iam going to use yet it depends on what housing iam going to use but i picked up this tube that the 50mm ones fit in. i think i might cut the threads off and glue them to the aluminum housing i am making saves me messing about on the lathe for hours.

heres a pic of the joystick i ordered i think it might be a bit to big, but i might turn it down and mod the bottom for a speed control.

this was the bilge pump i ordered off the net but after i cut it apart i found it to have cheap rubber seals. iam not going to use this, now iam going to make some custom housing and seals. but i might use the motor out of it for something its 12v 6000rpm and 6amp max.

will post some more pics soon.
adam
Last edited by turtle on Sep 2nd, 2012, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
turtle

Re: turtles rov

Post by turtle »

this is a pic of the housing theres still loads of work to do to it, after its all welded up its going back in the lathe to have the ends skimmed for a nice seal with the perspex.

heres a pic of some more parts i have had.

2mm rubber for gaskets

10mm thick perspex

ive found a ps1 controller so i might use this for the controls i dont no yet.

soulreaper

Post by soulreaper »

Wow looks like your going all out on this. Can you post a picture of what the end product will look like? Keep posting build pictures, we love pictures!!!
turtle

Post by turtle »

thanks soulreaper heres some more pics.

still loads of work to be done but its getting there, i still have to turn some bits for the motor seals to fit in. and my mate is going to powdercoat it yellow for me when its done for free :D

turtle

Post by turtle »

heres a couple more pics for you, ive been having a hard time finding a cheap case and just by chance i found this in my parents shed when i was being nosey lol. i think its a tool case but it will do for now. i will make the alloy panels to mount the screen and contols in some time this week.

this is a pic of my screen i had to take the circuit board of it for now so i can mount it some how.

turtle

Post by turtle »

few more pics, i got a bit more done today.

shaneb24

Post by shaneb24 »

looking good
Mareike

Post by Mareike »

nice piece,
defo homework done! Let see more from time to time...
I am due to send first picts in a day or two..
go with it, sure you will find some clear lakes or oceans to make the screenshot of your live.
turtle

Post by turtle »

thanks guys

i made this off the sizes of the camera on the box, but now ive come to fit it the tube is 20mm to small because the camera is 100mm and not 80mm as on the box. i cant get the front perspex on. the only way to sort it is to cut the end off and add 20-40mm on :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: lol oh well you live and learn.

but i did test it with the end caps on and it didnt leak so all i have to do is add the 20-40m on and get powder coat it then fit all the bits. but while iam waiting to do this i can get on with all the electronics.
adam
turtle

Post by turtle »

i have now added 40mm on to the length of the front and made some skid bars on the bottom out of stainless steel. i have also welded in a plate for the camera to mount to. its prob going to take a couple of hours cleaning it all up ready for powder coating because if its not smooth it was look like crap lol.
adam

edit: it looks down on the back end because i just placed it on for the picture.