Sawadee from Thailand

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
Mareike

Sawadee from Thailand

Post by Mareike »

Hi all,
My name is Mareike, I am 22 yrs old and in the middle of a plan to build an own Fiber Optic controlled ROV for 100m. I got most of my preparing plans done. I want to do a documentary of the build and dives as a boost for my CV to become a ROV-Tech/pilot because it is twice as hard to get into the business as a woman.
Some new ideas are also brought in, like for 100m bilge pumps will fail so I have to use brush-less motors in a hermetically closed housing by using magnetic couplings, fiber optic umbilical because of the small diameter, computer control and some extras to play. My dad is since 30 years in the offshore and gave me a gentle budget because he is believing in my dream too and supports me to make my dream come true.. BUT I am struggling by the manipulator, all what I have seen is not what I want, it has to be also bit more advanced. Somehow I can not find any cheap and good looking gripper.. I'll post more in the coming days on the right place, may be somebody has a great suggestion..
Cheers
Mareike