PCB design and manufacturing

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
manhattan

PCB design and manufacturing

Post by manhattan »

Follow up from earlier thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=468

I have been looking into various PCB manufactures but don’t get info needed. Does anybody have any information on where (preferably in the US) I could get a board designed and manufactured in low volumes?

I can put aside around 2000$ for the project and don’t know if that is enough or should I drop the whole idea? The idea is to make it a non-profit project i.e. produce and sell a fixed amount of boards only to cover costs.

I really like the Arduino approach like Derelicte is looking into but think there is a need for a simpler “plug-run” board not requiring any programming skill. As I said before I think the Rov-asia board is fantastic in terms of ease and reliability and that there is a genuine interest and market for a similar board.

Any ideas?
derelicte

Re: PCB design and manufacturing

Post by derelicte »

Check your pm.

You can definitely get pcbs fabbed for less than $2k. I don't know about getting them assembled for that amount, though.

We've used this place for pcbs:

http://expresspcb.com/

They are pretty good for the type of board you are looking at making.

The biggest question is what are you going to build, though?
manhattan

Re: PCB design and manufacturing

Post by manhattan »

Mail sent.

Thanks for the site info, checked it. I would prefer a “one-stop” solution, fabrication and assembly. There seems to be a few in the states that do these jobs but I am unsuccessful getting a quote.