rov transportation

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
shaneb24

rov transportation

Post by shaneb24 »

So once you've built your ROV, tether and controller/interface, What do you use to get it form point A to B?

Its a straight forward question but one i find important. You have to protect your investment some how

thoughts?
SoakedinVancouver

Re: rov transportation

Post by SoakedinVancouver »

2 second hand cases, one 3' by 2' by 2-1/2' metal box for the ROV and cable, one briefcase type for the controller. About 25$ total cost. Fit in the back of the pickup truck.

I intend to wear the Headsup Display Helmet on my way there... ;)
shaneb24

Post by shaneb24 »

yeah i bought a large duffle bag ( i ran out of $$ for the project ) it was a bad idea.....

i need to get a heads up display my screen is no where bright enough to over power the sun
SoakedinVancouver

shaneb24 wrote:... i need to get a heads up display my screen is no where bright enough to over power the sun
Go out at night. Skip the beer. Bring good lights. Wear a life jacket if you use a boat. Don't use a canoe. Unless you're Canadian, of course, in which case you can bring your girlfriend along... ;)
shaneb24

Post by shaneb24 »

sold but ill bring the gf and the beer
( that was i have something to do after my batteries die )
SoakedinVancouver

Don't bring an electrical beer bottle opener. As for HUD, this is what I have scrounged together so far (welder helmet, portable video game display, alu, connectors from the junk box, solid epoxy, etc...). A cloth cover will block the light. It is fairly well balanced as it is, and not too heavy. The side box is for joining the power and the video cables. And it helps the cool looks, IMHO.
Attachments
side view of HUD to be reduced.JPG
side view of HUD to be reduced.JPG (36.56 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
shaneb24

Post by shaneb24 »

I know this is now off topic but I think thats one of the best HUDs I've ever seen!!! ever clever and I bet it didn't hurt the pocket either
SoakedinVancouver

To bring this back on topic, ;) , you see now that I do have a transportation problem of my own, as this device is not made to be disassembled, a tough one to store into anything.
thegadgetguy

Post by thegadgetguy »

All you need is a bust of somebody. Seriously though, that thing is cool.
tristanplaysguitar

Post by tristanplaysguitar »

Also, if you have the option, get watertight cable connectors. In my opinion, the tether is hardest to store (gets tangled, wrenches around connections, almost broke my control box trying to coil it, etc...), so having a removable tether cuts down on transportation hardship. Just an idea.

-Tristan