pressure chamber

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
jason howard

pressure chamber

Post by jason howard »

i wanted to test my parts without having to take them to the lake each time so i built a pressure chamber. it is a 4'' high pressure pvc. 2' long that has a cap at one end and a threaded cap at the other. in the threaded cap is a pressure guage, quick disconnect air hose hookup. and a safty relief valve. to simulate the pressure i filled the chamber with water and weighted the object to be tested, then pumped air into the chamber to increase the pressure. so far it has worked very well and has not blown up (which is good). i have cranked it up to simulate a 200' depth.
sthone

Re: pressure chamber

Post by sthone »

Just be very careful if your pressurizing it with air, it's something I wouldn't recommend but if you are using air make sure you fill it with as much water as you can get in there. I only use a garden hose on mine and can still get around 200' of simulated depth.

(Just so others know NEVER PRESSURZIE A CHAMBER WITH JUST AIR ALONE) If you use just air and it explodes that explosion will be very violent, and PVC tends to turn into shrapnel when it explodes. :shock:

-Steve 8-)
fluffy111

Re: pressure chamber

Post by fluffy111 »

Use steel pipe. You'd never watch Mythbusters? :P

Regards

Fluffy