rov-asia

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
GUI

rov-asia

Post by GUI »

Is anyone else having issues with contacting this company?

I ordered there complete electronic setup back in may off of ebay and have yet to recieve it!

I have noticed now that there ebay account is now suspended.

Pisses me off that they wont answer any emails!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:
sthone

Re: rov-asia

Post by sthone »

I put this as politely as I can..... I've never seen eye to eye with Gordon in the past so I can't say I'd ever try to buy something from him.

You can try contacting him through the Robotrov group on yahoo http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/robotrov/ I don't think he's been active on there since around April but maybe the email address he uses there will be good still. If it's not to late I'd just put in a claim through ebay at this point.

-Steve 8-)
GUI

Post by GUI »

Thanks for the info.

I have emails into every known email address that he has with no reply.

Lucky for him its past the 45 days on ebay, so the claim cant be opened!

ebay says this now "Sorry, you cannot leave Feedback since the member is no longer a registered eBay user."

Took my money and ran.

Great guy!!!!!!!! :twisted:
sthone

Post by sthone »

Try this... make a new email address with a total random name (gmail or what ever) email him from his site but don't mention you are still waiting for something you payed for.. instead expressing interest in his product that you would like to purchase and see if you get a response that way. If you don't ... then maybe something happen to him... if you do... I'd say he took the money and ran.

At least that's what I would try :twisted:

Also... how did you pay?

-Steve 8-)
GUI

Post by GUI »

I already filled a claim with ic3.gov

EBay instructed me to.

I paid via paypal. But since i was too nice and gave him till aug4 when he said it would arrive, I can no long file a claim with them. Past paypal's time to file.

And since his ebay account is gone they cant do anything either.
manhattan

Post by manhattan »

Purchased the Rov Asia in march and it arrived promptly, pre tested and all. Since then we have been trying to make a significant purchase (complete rov) from Duncan but he seems to have vanished and didn't reply on any inquiries. Don't think he is a scam but I have been wrong before.

I did get totally scammed by westbourne models in UK that simply refuse to deliver what we payed for. Don't know the UK legislation for online purchases but we will probably have to go to court. Anyone else using this company?( you UK guys)
GUI

Post by GUI »

Man thats messed up manhattan. Sorry to hear that I hope you get you money back!
simpleben77

Post by simpleben77 »

i just found Gordon's profile on linkedIn. i just googled his name with rov suffix.
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Gordon Duncan may not be MIA. I did manage to contact him yesterday and here is the response.

"The boards will be re manufactured in three months time they also have a light controller board,

Take care and best regards,

G. Duncan."

Has anyone on the forums used the ROV Asia setup?

Anthony