Unkown Camera

Our Eye's under the water.
Spadinator

Unkown Camera

Post by Spadinator »

I acquired an RV back up camera made by Private Eye. I have googled the model number 935BT with no luck. On the back of the camera is three wires. From left to right.....Yellow, Blue, Red. any ideas how to wire this thing? I cant find a manufacturer name on the camera itself just the number E603. It is attached to a board with several IC chips on board with the LGS name on them
thegadgetguy

Re: Unkown Camera

Post by thegadgetguy »

Well, I'd asume the yellow is video out, the red is positive power to the camera, which would leave the blue as being the ground. I don't know if that's right or not, as ground is normally black. You'd also need to connect your other wire from you video display to the camera ground.
Spadinator

Post by Spadinator »

I was thinking of starting out with 5 volts and hooking power to the red and blue and the video positive to the yellow and the negative to the blue. Is that what you were thinking.
thegadgetguy

Post by thegadgetguy »

Yes, exactlly. I'm guessing that the camera might be running at 12 volts, as it's a common camera voltage and since it was inteneded for use in a car, which I'm assuming would have a 12 volt power system. I'd try 5 volts, then 9, and then 12 if I were doing it. If it'l run on 12 it will probably run on 9 also. Good luck! ;)