Hello from Ontario

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
greenkarson

Hello from Ontario

Post by greenkarson »

Hello all
First let me say what a well put together site this is.
I'm about to start building my rov. My design is a little differnt then most i'v seen on here. It's going to be a tube shape instead of the square design. My hull is going to be made from 7" dia oxygen bottles piggy backed one on top of the other. The top one for a float and the bottom one full of batteries and electronics. Well thats the nutshell version anyways.
My goal is to be able to go down 530 feet. I know this may be shooting high (or low) for my first ROV. Thats why im using the heavy steel bottles to take the pressure. Designing everything to withstand the pressure is not a problem. But I'm going to have lots of electronic questions. So get ready!

Thanks Karson
AHarris

Re: Hello from Ontario

Post by AHarris »

Welcome to the forum, forgive me for sounding dumb but if your using oxygen bottles how will you open them without the risk of an explosion from pressure change or whatever it is that happens or doesn't this happen when it has been emptied?
greenkarson

Post by greenkarson »

the oxygen bottles are empty. But still have the vavle on one end so I open vavle to make sure there is no inside pressure then unthread valve and fill with water to remove any gas or fumes left in there. I only cut after they have been flushed several times and then left empty for a few days to air out.
soulreaper

Post by soulreaper »

Welcome to the forum Greenkarson.