Another newbie

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
bossfrog

Another newbie

Post by bossfrog »

Greetings, my name is Larry and I live in Ashburn Virginia. I'm interested in building a beginner ROV along with my 13 year old son. Looks like lots of great info here and some knowledgeable people to have their brains picked. I'll just be doing lots of reading for a bit until I get some sort of idea about just what I want to build and how I'm going to go about it.
sthone

Re: Another newbie

Post by sthone »

Welcome to the forum Larry, Hopefully you can learn a thing or two as well as share some ideas in the future. I look forward to seeing what you and your son can come up with, it should be a fun project for the both of you.

-steve
bossfrog

Post by bossfrog »

Thanks for the welcome Steve. We've been avidly reading your website to get ideas for our own project. I'm leaning on building the batteries onto the ROV to eliminate heavy wiring in the tether. I may find out after more research that this not a good idea, but for now, that's the plan.
sthone

Post by sthone »

Having the batteries on board will make for a thinner tether and eliminate any voltage drop issues but the only trade off I can think of right now (besides added weight) is limited dive times.

-Steve