Hello all!

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
PaulC

Hello all!

Post by PaulC »

My name is Paul Coon and I have working on getting a working rov for about two years now (leaks,) but I have been working on a design that incorporates a lot of the design elements that I have found on the robotrov: robotics and rov's forums. I just have to get the materials together to get it built by next June. I am hoping that I can actually get it finished by spring so that I can finish up testing before I go to the "Deep End" so to speak. Meaning down to Lake Dale Hollow in Tennessee, about 150ft I think. My current design will have such features as "plug and play,"motor, lights sensors, well just about everything will be "plug and play." and adaptability for future expansion. Such as adding an on-board computer, and sensors. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress. I am going to be on vacation next week, but I am not going anywhere just going to work on the rov. I just want to tell everyone here on the forum that I think small and what I mean by that is that when I build an ROV it is right around the a foot long, eight to ten inches wide, and six to 8 inches tall. Usually no bigger than that. The reason that I do it this way is for the challenge to see how much stuff I can pile in such a small space and still get every thing to work./ :D
AHarris

Re: Hello all!

Post by AHarris »

This is a seriously old post but I like perfection so I am making sure everyone has an answer, so just saying welcome to the forum back in 2010!