Taking a poll

A spot for any other misc. programing languages not covered above.
asesorplaza1

Re: Taking a poll

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Voy a intentar explicarme, yo no soy ningún programador experimentado, hace muchísimos años, empece un curso de informática, el ordenador con el que trabajábamos era un Espectum ZX+, de esos que se les cargaban los programas con una cinta de cassett, y no tenían disco duro, y la memoria era la justa, pero se trabajaba con el lenguaje de programación MS2, que es muy parecido al C++, por eso me decidí yo por Arduino.

En cuanto a la Raspberry, como ya te han comentado los compañeros, también tiene sus limitaciones, no es fácil manejar sensores con ella, pero reproducir el vídeo en el PC o MAC, si, sin complicarte mucho la vida, ni entrando en aspectos técnicos de programación, con unas pocas de ordenes, puedes ver el vídeo en el ordenador, cosa que con Arduino, es mucho mas difícil, por eso te he comentado que para los sensores uses Arduino, y para el vídeo uses la Raspberry.

Un saludo

I'm going to try to explain myself, I'm no experienced programmer, many years ago, I started a computer course, the computer we worked with was a ZX+ Spectroum, of those that they were loaded with a cassett tape, and they didn't have a hard drive, and the memory was fair, but they worked with the MS2 programming language , which is very similar to C++, that's why I decided on Arduino.

As for the Raspberry, as the colleagues have already mentioned, it also has its limitations, it is not easy to manage sensors with it, but play the video on the PC or MAC, if, without getting too complicated by life, or entering technical aspects of programming, with a few orders, you can watch the video on the computer, which with Arduino , it is much more difficult, that's why I've told you that for sensors you use Arduino, and for video use the Raspberry.

A greeting
medemt

Post by medemt »

asesorplaza1
Interestingly, I looked at part of this thread yesterday as I was browsing and reading different build logs. I stopped when I saw all the code stuff. I will however spend the time to review it fully.

Do you have more pictures of the actual build and your overall wiring schematics. I don't know if you have a block diagram of the electronic system, but if you do that would be good to see.

Are all of those in the beginning of the thread, ROV's you have built? It appears there are four of them. I like the design. Would really like to see more of the ROV itself if you can.

Thank you
Dan
asesorplaza1

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Yo no he construido 4 ROV, estoy construyendo el primero, y tengo muchos problemas de programación con el Arduino, lo que se ve en las fotos de mi publicación, son unas fotos de unos ROV de RC, que construyeron unos compañeros de otro foro RC Córdoba, de España, si lees bien el texto que acompaña a las fotos, digo que así es como debe quedar el mio, no que ninguno de ellos sea mio.

En cuanto al cableado, estoy haciendo las primeras pruebas con el programa Frizting, y todavía no estoy orgulloso del resultado, próximamente le daré otro repaso al cableado y lo adjuntare a mi publicación.

Un saludo.

I have not built 4 ROV, I am building the first, and I have many programming problems with the Arduino, what you see in the photos of my post, are some photos of some RC ROV, which were built by some colleagues of another forum RC Córdoba, from Spain, if you read well the text that accompanies the photos, I say that this is how mine should look , not that any of them are mine.

As for wiring, I'm doing the first tests with the Frizting program, and I'm still not proud of the result, I'll give you another review of the wiring soon and attach it to my post.

Greetings.
medemt

Post by medemt »

asesorplaza1,

OK. My apologies for missing that point. Well tell your colleagues they did a nice job, but I am still very interested in seeing what you will come up with. Post any upedates no matter how small. I am following your thread.

Thanks and good look. Stay safe and healthy

Dan
asesorplaza1

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Buenos días.

No pasa nada Medemt, lo único es que no quiero que nadie se confunda entre mi trabajo y el trabajo de otra persona, la verdad es que si me gustaría mucho que esos ROV fuesen míos, pero no es así, es solo una idea de como hacer otro tipo de casco para un ROV.

Y en cuanto a las publicaciones, tanto Bigbadbob, como yo, estamos publicando casi a diario, las novedades que ocurren en nuestro modelos o programas.

Un saludo.

Good morning.

It's okay Medemt, the only thing is that I don't want anyone to be confused between my work and someone else's work, the truth is that if I would very much like those ROVs to be mine, but it's not, it's just an idea of how to make another type of helmet for a ROV.

And as for the publications, both Bigbadbob, and I, we are publishing almost daily, the news that happens in our models or programs.

A Greeting.
bigbadbob

Post by bigbadbob »

regarding your question about arduino vs Rpi.
on a practical note... you can power off arduino without losing anything.
with Rpi it is best to shut it down gently like a PC.
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

On my bench I have an arduino (motor control and maybe some sensors) and pi (camera, steering programs) and a laptop for topside control. I plan on using a network cable as tether.
medemt

Post by medemt »

fryslan76
Would like to see any documentation on that if you get a chance and are willing. Based on a number of the posts in this thread, that seems to be the way to go. At least for what I am envisioning doing in my design.

Thanks for the response
Dan
medemt

Post by medemt »

bigbadbob wrote:regarding your question about arduino vs Rpi.
on a practical note... you can power off arduino without losing anything.
with Rpi it is best to shut it down gently like a PC.

Thanks for that note bigbadbob. Will need to put that in the notes section I'm keeping on things I learn about both Arduino and Raspberry Pi. I don't know if I'll get as good as you and others on this forum, but I am wiling to try. I appreciate all your assistance for a newbie.

Stay safe and healthy,
Dan
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

medemt wrote:fryslan76
Would like to see any documentation on that if you get a chance and are willing. Based on a number of the posts in this thread, that seems to be the way to go. At least for what I am envisioning doing in my design.

Thanks for the response
Dan
I have a old build tread on the forum you can look up called Dutch ROV. It have some of my solutions and problems in there :)