ROV Nudibranch footage

Videos of your dives.
PhilA

ROV Nudibranch footage

Post by PhilA »

This is combined footage from yesterday and back in April. This in in the Tamar River in Tasmania approx. 25-40m deep. The aim was to put the ROV down on the slack of the high tide and drive around a bit. But the tide predictions and what is actually going on don't match up and so both sessions ended up being in strong current with little or no control and lots of drag on the tether. This ended up being a 3 person job, one to control the boat, one to control the tether and one to control the ROV.

Really only using down thrusters to stay near the bottom and 20w led white light all up I got 50mins of footage before batteries went flat (2 x 5500mAh 3s Lipo). Most of the footage was just the bottom racing passed with some drop offs etc and mid water nothingness as I was trying to get back to the bottom. Here's some bits of the better footage.

https://youtu.be/AtDUWNd6CqI
Oldsirhippy

Re: ROV Nudibranch footage

Post by Oldsirhippy »

Excellent footage! As you highlighted it must have been very difficult to control the ROV with the currents, but the footage says you mastered it.

What are the lasers measuring?
PhilA

Re: ROV Nudibranch footage

Post by PhilA »

The lasers are set at 50mm apart as a guide to estimate size of objects. I haven't really made use of them or my blue and ultravoilet led lights yet.