New builder New ROV ...Old problems .. :)

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
perfo

Re: New builder New ROV ...Old problems .. :)

Post by perfo »

End caps and plastic dome turned up. It looks good and after a bit of cutting fits pretty good too.
I had an unfortunate incident though and cracked my end cap so I'll need another one of them...
I'll have to sort out an account with photo bucket or something so I can paste a few pics...
perfo

Post by perfo »

perfo

Post by perfo »

That's my latest front end..
As mentioned before my intention is to set the desired heading and depth and let a PId controller on the RPI to try and keep fixed. I'm quiet pleased with the way the numbers scroll, not fantastic for a proper html 5 programmer but for a nooby I'm happy with it..
rossrov

Post by rossrov »

Majorly cool compass. I have a similar thing sketched on paper, complete with diminishing font size as the disc numbers get further away. Was to be done in Processing. Appreciate the amount of coding to get it all working. Well done if I may say so :D
perfo

Post by perfo »

Thanks for your appreciation. It wasn't that much coding really I'm a complete nooby at html5 and the canvas element so if you've got experience then you'll find it easy...I'm quite impressed with what you can do with this canvas thing..

If you want the code to pick through tis free to anyone that wants it..
I started off doing a carousel of numbers but ended up with this thing .. The pic doesn't really do it justice as the way the numbers fade and grow/shrink is quite nice to look at on the real thing...