First ROV build

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
Squidwood

Re: First ROV build

Post by Squidwood »

piercet wrote:Looks nice!

For hull penetrations, going out the back plate is probably going to be logistically easier. A curved section of identical material would be slightly stronger, but harder to seal against. You can make your own pass throughs, or buy one of the various waterproof connector sets. I'm using a set of Lemo waterproof connectors for mine. I don't have the endcaps to install them into yet though heh.

I think you are right, I will buy a couple of water proof connectors one to connect the motor wires in to the housing then another to the tether.
Technoviking

Post by Technoviking »

looking great! I think the chopping board is the way to go, its a bit of a pain to cut curves in, but nothing a file and sandpaper cant fix.

Im looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)
Squidwood

Post by Squidwood »

Technoviking wrote:looking great! I think the chopping board is the way to go, its a bit of a pain to cut curves in, but nothing a file and sandpaper cant fix.

Im looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Hi, my brother has a CNC machine which I used to cut the sides and base out for my ROV

it was also used to cut the flanges out for my camera housing, I just need to make a tray for the inside of the camera housing now, that I can mount the camera too and also hold the battery in place.

Dave