ESC & Arduino Question

Anything to do with Propulsion.
Domes

Re: ESC & Arduino Question

Post by Domes »

Ok thanks, that is what I thought. I was concerned regarding discharge rate may have damaged the battery. AGM should be ok.
rossrov

Re: ESC & Arduino Question

Post by rossrov »

This is the ESC I was referring to http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... verse.html I bought 4 of these last year when my Trackstar 18As wouldn't start up smoothly, if at all sometimes. However, while they were being shipped, I tried a higher control signal PWM refresh rate with the Trackstars and they then worked faultlessly viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1069&hilit=trackstar&start=30#p6107 After the (prototype) ROV being in the water then sitting around for a few months, I powered up the microcontroller that generates the ESC control signals and had the controls in neutral, then connected the ESC power. Perfect operation :o . Powering up the ESCs with no throttle signal, or off-neutral throttle though makes the ESCs go into program mode and then one has to program/configure all over :cry: Anyway, the new ESCs are still in their packaging so its up to others to comment on their performance.

edit: From the experience I have had configuring the Trackstars, I found that using the programming card first, then the joystick method for subsequent tweaking, was required to get sensible results.