One new dutchman overhere

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
crazyrobin

One new dutchman overhere

Post by crazyrobin »

Good evening guys,

First a quick introduction about me, crazyrobin.
I'm 31 years old and living in Holland, the small country in Europe, famous for the finest cheese, wooden shoes and coffeeshops offcourse :D .

Since my father lerned me to use a solder iron, i was found of electronics and mechanics.
I started building a few radio controlled scale model boats in my spare time, if i didn't had homework.
But after building and taking it for a few trips on a local lake i found out that a boat above the water is actually quite boring. Later I've been working at a lot of small home build cuircuit boards and even build a 6 legged walking insect robot about 1 foot long powered bij 13 servo's.

Now several years later inspiration came from the beautifull underwater images and video footage from
you tube, discovery channel ( treasure quest ) and many other internet posts.
Like all other fanatics here, building a serious ROV will be the challenge, but time is crucial, because of my not completely finished house and garden ( costed me 3 years so far :roll: ), girlfriend and 10 months old son, who is offcourse time consumer nr 1. ( but I do love my little man very much!! )

In the future, on a sunny day, i'd like to take him and my ROV to some nice places and discover the underwater side overthere.
A little different as fishing isn't it?? <><

Till that day, i'll be here once in a while, reading and learning about other nice projects.
So just keep up the good work everyone, and keep showing your progress,
i hope you'll see mine here as well.

Ideas and blueprints are still in my head, a camera and a motorized manipulator is essential.
Picking up things and bringing things back to the surface plus a working depth around 50 ft would be awesome!

Sorry for my poor English, there will sure be some imperfections in my vocabulary :? .

Thanks for this very nice forum, i love it. 8-)

greets Robin