Hi from WA

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
Stargazerwa

Hi from WA

Post by Stargazerwa »

I have been lurking on the internet for a couple of years thinking about building an ROV. This is the winter I am going to do it.

We boat in the summer in the San Juan Islands and I want to explore the anchorages and around the State Park docks. I gave been forming a design in my mind and have even begun collecting parts. FYI Amazon has 800 gpm Attwood pumps right now for $12.87 with Amazon Prime free shipping!

Right now my challenges are picking a camera and monitor. I really want to find an affordable monitor that can be viewed in sun light and am considering the fishing camera systems.
RDTwigg1

Re: Hi from WA

Post by RDTwigg1 »

I am also from WA - Bothell area. I'm in the ordering and experimental stage. Its been too cold of late for doing anything outdoors. Welcome aboard.
TigerShark

Re: Hi from WA

Post by TigerShark »

I am in the Bremerton area and have built a pretty good ROV which I hope to touch the bottom of Puget Sound with eventually. I live within 15 miles of the spot. Biggest issue will be current, keeping the boat in place (too deep to anchor) and the fact the area is in the shipping lane!

Chris