3lbs thrust @ 5 amps

Anything to do with Propulsion.
SSN626B

Re: 3lbs thrust @ 5 amps

Post by SSN626B »

@scubersteve,
Since I am just starting out in ROV it is going to take me a while to get up to speed. I have ordered a Taig Micro Lathe which should be here next Friday and I plan to purchase a Taig Micro Mill in early December.
Once I get the lathe and mill setup I will be able to make some motor/propeller housings and start some testing. I guess that I could make thrust measurements with just the bare motor/prop combinations and see what readings I get and then move on to some kind of nozzle housings.
I hate reinventing the wheel and Steve T has done plenty of motor/prop thrust testing. I guess the only thing left is to characterize the motor/prop combinations over their speed ranges to determine the most efficient rpm ranges.
It would be nice if you and I were closer:-). My son lives in Panama City Beach. Maybe if I am up that way we can visit?
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

I am certainly not opposed to a face-to-face. I am jealous of your getting a lathe and mill.

Let me know when you are up this way, we can grab some lunch and talk little submersibles.
<><
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

Sounds good to me. I will definitely keep it in mind!
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B