Oil filled or Water filled or both?

Anything to do with Propulsion.
a_shorething

Re: Oil filled or Water filled or both?

Post by a_shorething »

I like the design too.

Looks like the front of the housing has exposed bolt threads and may not be as hydrodynamic as you might like too. If you send me some dimensions I can try to print some nose cones out of abs plastic on my 3D printer if you like. I've done some for mine (just simple domes with an open front, but no sharp edges) and I think they'll make it less likely to catch stuff like loose fishing line and plants and stuff than if the bolts were exposed.

Just a thought.
kenl

Post by kenl »

The propellors I am using are these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-blade-52mm ... 3f28c83e94 They are cheap and nasty but do the job for now.
Thankyou for the offer to print some nose cones, I have actually cleaned up the front a little since taking those photos, but there is nothing at all hydro-dynamic about but ROV, so there is no point starting now :D :D .

Trying to keep weed out of my prop is the hardest job, as it tends to attract the stuff.
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

kenl wrote:The propellors I am using are these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-blade-52mm ... 3f28c83e94 They are cheap and nasty but do the job for now.
Thankyou for the offer to print some nose cones, I have actually cleaned up the front a little since taking those photos, but there is nothing at all hydro-dynamic about but ROV, so there is no point starting now :D :D .

Trying to keep weed out of my prop is the hardest job, as it tends to attract the stuff.
No doubt. Maybe we could come up with some kind of a thruster shroud that can be attached to the end of those threaded rods and go around the thruster blades. From what I read that can help with thrust too. Just a thought.