draw, thrust, and components

Anything to do with Propulsion.
scubersteve

Re: draw, thrust, and components

Post by scubersteve »

That is very interesting...
Does the file include the shroud as well or just the prop?
Those are some very impressive numbers he claimed and it would be interesting to see if they can be reproduced.
Keep us updated.
<><
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

Boy I wish I had a 3D printer...
kenl

Post by kenl »

I too am very interested, up until now I haven't seen a need for me to invest in a 3D printer..

How will I justify this one to the wife? ;) :D
rossrov

Post by rossrov »

Maybe say you will sell the mill, Ken :lol:
Really impressive figures, olegodo, and neat trick with the acetone on your other thread.
sthone

Post by sthone »

Very cool olegodo, that prop is pretty impressive. I downloaded that other one (I'm pretty sure it's just the prop no shroud) but I like how you made yours modular I can't wait to see the results of your testing. I just got my 3D Printer finished and fired up and while I have a lot to learn still this gives me some ideas on what is possible.

Keep up the great work. :D

-Steve :sting:
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

Hi olegodo,

Are you willing to share your print files with the other builders? I would like to try to modify your files to meet my motor and see if that works.

Thanks,

Fryslan
olegodo

Post by olegodo »

Sure thing. Just PM me what file format you want.
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

sthone wrote:Very cool olegodo, that prop is pretty impressive. I downloaded that other one (I'm pretty sure it's just the prop no shroud) but I like how you made yours modular I can't wait to see the results of your testing. I just got my 3D Printer finished and fired up and while I have a lot to learn still this gives me some ideas on what is possible.

Keep up the great work. :D

Hey Congrats Steve!
What kind of printer did you get?

Let me know if you have any questions and if I can't help I should be able to point you in the right direction.

I have a blog (http://itsa3dworld.blogspot.com/) that I started and wrote for a while when I was building and calibrating my printer. It took a really long time but now it's pretty much dialed in.

Good luck!
sthone

Post by sthone »

I got a Makergear M2 I did a quick little write up Seen Here while assembling it. I love the thing so far, it's still unbelievable to be able to design something, click print, and in a hour or so have an actual piece sitting in your hand.

Thanks for the offer on the help, the blog looks great I skimmed through it real quick (now I have to go order some ABS :D) I'll have to go back and read through it more when I have the time as I have a lot to learn still.

a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

sthone wrote:I got a Makergear M2 I did a quick little write up Seen Here while assembling it. I love the thing so far, it's still unbelievable to be able to design something, click print, and in a hour or so have an actual piece sitting in your hand.

Thanks for the offer on the help, the blog looks great I skimmed through it real quick (now I have to go order some ABS :D) I'll have to go back and read through it more when I have the time as I have a lot to learn still.

Cool, good luck! (still amazed by the same thing here. I LOVE doing iterative design and testing. It boggles my mind that this is a possibility. Welcome to the future, right?).