Hello from Bergen, Norway!

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
olegodo

Hello from Bergen, Norway!

Post by olegodo »

Hello everyone!

I guess it's about time to say hello to you all.
I have been lurking around in these forums for a couple of months now and I have just started my own ROV project.

I work as a mechanical engineer for a company that produces offshore cranes. This means I sit in front of my computer all day and work with software such as Autodesk Inventor and Autocad.

So far, my designs and plans are changing quite often as I gather more and more information and ideas from your projects.

So far I have pretty much got everything I need for my controls, motor controllers and communications with the ROV. though there is still quite a bit to get in place before I start building.

I am also getting a lot of help with the software and coding from "a_shorething" here on the forums, and I am planning to use his xbox controller software to control my ROV. It is still in beta testing, but so far it looks very promising.

I also have my own 3D printer witch will be used as much as possible to make parts for my project.

More updates will come when I settle down on a design I am happy with and start building.

Regards
Ole.
Rover

Re: Hello from Bergen, Norway!

Post by Rover »

Welcome. Sounds like you have a great start to your ROV. Keep us informed on your progress.

My prop nozzles were printed on a 3D printer. Good luck, and let us know what parts your a creating on your 3D printer.

Rover