Electrona

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
ssrc30

Re: Electrona 1

Post by ssrc30 »

WOW!!! That's one of the best builds I think I have seen. Have you gotten it any deeper since your last update?
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Post by KR2_Diving »

:grip: ** Standing Ovation! ** :grip:

Well done! Really like the design, concept, and the fact that you went into this with 3 clear goals in mind, and it would seem you have met them all!

Well done!!

I would like to know more about your "Starboard" that you used for the sidewalls..." Where did you get it? How well does it cut?

Again, AWESOME JOB!! Well done! :grip: :grip: :grip:

Ryan
"KR2_Diving"
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

@KR2: I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm familiar with the 'starboard' (TM). It's available at West Marine and other marine supply stores. It's a plastic that's machinable and will accept course threading as well. It's available in different sizes and thicknesses and is not porous so it should be OK at depth.

It's kind of spendy, but very strong and holds an edge if you route or drill it very well.
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Post by KR2_Diving »

a_shorething wrote:@KR2: I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm familiar with the 'starboard' (TM). It's available at West Marine and other marine supply stores. It's a plastic that's machinable and will accept course threading as well. It's available in different sizes and thicknesses and is not porous so it should be OK at depth.

It's kind of spendy, but very strong and holds an edge if you route or drill it very well.
No kidding! Found the link!
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-mari ... 35_001_009

But I like it! And i have a West Marine just down the road... might have to check it out!
@Electrona: Sorry to hijack your thread!! @a_shorething: Thanks!
Squidwood

Post by Squidwood »

Hi, great ROV,

Have you looked at the plastic chopping boards you can buy for about £6 to use for the sides?

Dave