How do you like my design

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
KBG

How do you like my design

Post by KBG »

Hello I am building my first rov and I am hoping to get down to about 150 and I just have some questions should I seal the motors or not and is this frame design good it is built using 420 psi pvc pipe and I will be using a car back up camera and its screen and I am using a plexi glass sheet with and o ring and a fitting to seal the camera housing. I only have one fitting I will be getting another
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (281.86 KiB) Viewed 3586 times
KBG

Re: How do you like my design

Post by KBG »

My main concern is if I should seal the motors
KBG

Post by KBG »

I will be using it only in fresh water
rossrov

Post by rossrov »

To seal or not to seal the motors is debatable. Search the forum - this has been discussed many times before. It depends on what your goals are - if you want to get your ROV working in the shortest amount of time, then consider open brushless motors to start with. When you're happy with how the rest of your ROV is working, you can then make some oil filled or magnetic coupled thrusters. I bought some motors from HobbyKing the other day and they were $6 each.
KBG

Post by KBG »

I will be sealing the top vents with hot glue and putting surgu in the gap between the motor and the PVC and putting plexi glass with a fitting and run the shaft through it